Want an interesting contrast between Demonrats and Republicans? Still thinking there’s no difference between the “Demicans and Republicrats?” Let’s take a look at the the NY State Senate. Recently, as described here in Redstate, two Demonrats defected to the Republicans, allegedly over pending gay marriage legislation. These defections threw the balance of power over to the Republicans.
Now friends, let’s take a moment to review what happened a few weeks ago in the US Senate. Arlen Sphincter defected to the Demonrats. Our response?
“Don’t let the door hit you on the *ss on the way out, you freakin RINO! Good riddance!”
As a resident of Sphincterland, I was happy with that development. Even more so when potential Republican opponents, which would NOT be Rinos, seem to be crushing him in the polls! GO PAT TOOMEY!
Now, how do the Demonrats in NY react? Here’s what they have done:
- Democrats attempted to stall the vote by asking to adjourn the session.
- After the results of the vote were read aloud, the in-house television station that carries Senate proceedings live in the Capitol went dark. All that appeared on the screen was a still photo of the Senate chamber and the words “Please stand by.”
- That evening Malcolm Smith, the ousted majority leader, whined to the left-media that the Republican-engineered vote was illegal and violated parliamentary procedure. He said the vote was illegal because it had already taken place after the meeting was already brought to an end.
- Smith’s spokesman said This was an illegal and unlawful attempt to gain control of the Senate and reverse the will of the people who voted for a Democratic majority
CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE TRANSLATION: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
But wait, there’s more!
- Today, Democrats got to the Senate chamber first, and locked the doors. Seriously. The minority locked the door. Childish, certainly an egregious violation of parliamentary procedure, and quite possibly illegal. What next, hold their breath?
- They are searching for courtroom solutions.
- New legal pressure is suddenly coming to bear due to legal and ethics problems of both defectors (same link) in an effort to get them thrown out of office, or to blackmail them into coming back across the aisle. Yes, they’re both pretty unsavory characters, but as long as they were lined up with their fellow Democrats, those concerns seem to have been tabled or at least slow-walked.
CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE TRANSLATION: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now, dear readers (all five of you-luv ya guys!), can you imagine the coverage if the tantruming children were Republicans?
It’s time for the LESSON OF THE DAY!
LESSON OF THE DAY: Let’s review… Demonrats act like spoiled children when they can’t get their way. You see it when they riot, you see it when they have their little “protests,” and you see it when they LOSE!
When will the WAAAAAMBULANCE arrive?