Da Tech Guy published this video, showing a Conservative group trying to get college kids to sign a petition for redistribution. The results, shall we say, are hilarious.
The reactions to the question in this video reminds me of something that A Conservative Teacher published a couple weeks ago.
Using data from MRI scans, researchers at the University College London found that self-described liberals have a larger anterior cingulate cortex–a gray matter of the brain associated with understanding complexity. Meanwhile, self-described conservatives are more likely to have a larger amygdala, an almond-shaped area that is associated with fear and anxiety.
“Previously, some psychological traits were known to be predictive of an individual’s political orientation,” lead researcher Ryota Kanai writes of the study in the latest issue of Current Biology. “Our study now links personality traits with specific brain structure.”
I really didn’t react to this, because I didn’t know if the research was politically motivated, or even valid. However, the video made me think; are these lib college students so able to see “complex” ideas, but not able to comprehend simple truths? Or, is that entire narrative a red herring to cover for the left’s inability to grasp reality? Let’s take a look…
1. Repeatedly, tax cuts led to more government revenue, and it increases the “share” that the “rich” pay. The left denies it.
2. More guns=less crime. Leftist solution: propose gun control and sue gun manufacturers.
3. Global cooling, global warming, global climate disruption, and whatever they’ll be calling it in 5-10 years (after reality, once again, proves their claims to be false).
4. “Corporations are not people,” but labor unions are.
5. Tea Parties are peaceful, but the attendees are violent, potential terrorists, and racists. Labor unions beat people down, make death threats, vandalize property, extort businesses, boo the national anthem, call blacks the n-word or “house Negroes,” and “wipe their a**ses with the flag.” However, that is “what democracy looks like.”
6. Socialized medicine kills people the world over, and the left wants to do it here.
7. Killing this…
…is not murder?
8. Public education fails, and private schools and homeschooling obtains better results. Leftist solution? Ban homeschooling and control private schools. Then, provide more and more money to the failed public system.
So, we’re the ones that cannot see “complexity?” Or, is it that simple truths totally escape the left?