We’ve heard a bit lately that Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barak Obama are super-ultra-mega intelligent, and, in fact, too smart to be POTUS. Of course, lefties then contrast that claim with the supposed dullards; George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan. But, like all really super-smart politicians, Carter dropped the following comment…
To quote RS McCain, “WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT???”
You know, I kinda consider myself a reasonalby intelligent guy, and I think I can help out the former, and epically failed POTUS…
1. The NORKS have, arguably, the most repressive government on the planet.
2. That government is of the Communist persuasion, and history teaches us that Communist countries haven’t done a very good job of feeding their own people. Frankly, they stink on ice at it. The Soviets and ChiComs had massive starvation problems. But don’t worry, they just didn’t have the right people running it, right?
3. While the NORKS eat tree bark, and have just a few hours of electrical power a day, their leaders live like kings.
4. While the NORKS live in misery, their government does devote massive amounts of funds and resources on maintaining a huge military, developing offensive missile systems, and did I mention the nukes?
5. Did I mention that the NORK’s “Dear Leader” keeps much of that military, and the threats to use it, pointed at their prosperous and free neighbor to the south?
So, former-failed-President Carter, I think the real human rights abuses might just lie with the NORK government, not the South. Your claim smacks of a protection racket. The NORKS place their military on the border, sinks South Korean naval vessels, and threaten to nuke everyone, and you want the South to feed every open NORK mouth? Why don’t you suggest that they hand over their lunch money too?
You see folks, the left confuses political ideology with intelligence. Unfortunately, political ideology, and “progressivism” in particular, makes supposedly smart people say really stupid things.
And Carter just jumped on the short bus.
H/T: Hot Air