Nearly eight weeks after the Benghazi fiasco on September 11, 2912 and we have no answers. All we have are questions. WHY?
The answer obviously is this administration, this President, this Commander-in-Chief refuses to tell us what happened and why. And, apart from Fox News, the rest of the media has treated the Benghazi attack the killed an US ambassador for the first time in thirty years and three other Americans as a non-event. WHY?
We are left to surmise that President Obama wanted to keep a lid on things until after the election when supposedly he could be more flexible. And, of course, the Left Stream Media was complicit.
Lack of Security Prior to the Attack
Without rehashing all the information that has come out since the attack, let me give a short review. We know from e-mail leaks and other sources reported by Fox News that the Ambassador and others had reported heightened activity of militants in Benghazi including an attack on the British Consulate and our own consulate. We know our Ambassador was worried about the lack of security and made requests to improve the security. We know after the fact that those requests were denied. Worse yet, not only were the requests for additional security denied, we learned that five weeks before the attack the sixteen man security force under Lt. Col. Andy Wood was ordered out of Libya against his recommendation to the contrary. Why? We know that in House Oversight Committee hearing that Congressman Darrel Issa asked Charlene Lamb,, the head of Diplomatic Security Services, about the lack of security in Benghazi. Ms. Lamb responded that they had the “correct level” of security. When Issa went off on her for that answer, she then said that the Benghazi Consulate had the “approved level” of security. The approved level? Who decided that essentially no security was the “approved or correct level”? Why?
America’s Non-Response to Americans Under Attack
Thanks to so far unidentified whistle blowers we know that the White House and all the upper echelons of our government were in voice communications with the people at the CIA annex from the within minutes of the attack beginning until it ended seven hours later. We also know they had real-time visual of the attack via our drones in Benghazi. We know that two ex-Navy Seals wanted to go to the aid of the Ambassador immediately but were told to stand down. By whom? Why?We know that an hour later our two ex-Navy Seals disobayed a second order to stand down. We know that they fought their way into the Consulate and saved many people there, but they could not find the Ambassador. With the rescued people from the Consulate, they fought their way back to the CIA annex and defended the annex for another six hours before being killed by a mortar round. We know they asked for reinforcements and air support but none came. Why? We know that we had special force teams ready to go to the aid of our people in Benghazi but they were not sent. We know that General Ham had a team ready to send to Benghazi but he said he never received the order. Why?
The Shame Gets Worse
If you missed this Fox News story on Friday, please consider it a must read. There is a lot of disturbing information in this article. But, it is this that is tearing my guts apart:
British intelligence sources said that unarmed drones routinely flew over Benghazi every night in flight patterns and that armed drones which fly over chemical sites, some a short flight from Benghazi, “were always said to be on call.” American sources confirmed this and questioned “why was a drone armed only with a camera dispatched?”
There were armed drones in the Benghazi area and we didn’t use to protect our people. Why? Why? WHY?!!! And, there is more:
British sources on the ground in Benghazi said they are extremely frustrated by the attack and are still wondering why they weren’t called for help. “We have more people on the ground here than the Americans and I just don’t know why we didn’t get the call?” one said.
Both American and British sources said, at the very least, the security situation on the ground and the lack of proper response were the result of “complete incompetence.”…
So, let’s recap this fiasco in Benghazi, Libya that cost the lives of our Ambassador and three other brave Americans. Our government under the “leadership” of Barack Obama intentionally provided no security to the “Diplomatic Mission” in one of the most dangerous areas in the world. Then when the Mission comes under attack, in spite of having a multitude of options to come to the aid of our people, our government under Barack Obama decides to do nothing. Why?!!!
The story that is picking up steam is that our President was illegally running gums being bought and/or collected from militant groups in Libya and sending to dissidents in Syria via Turkey. Is this what the President is trying to cover up? Does Obama have his very own “Iran-Contra” affair going on? Is that why for two weeks after the attacks, even though we now know they had all of facts, the President, the Secretary of the UN, and the Secretary of State tried to convince America and the world that the attack was a spontaneous reaction to a video insulting to Islam? This is why our Mission in Benghazi had no security and why no aid was given after the attack began? Is the average American on Main Street as OUTRAGED as I am? I am outraged this piss poor excuse for a human being could even consider asking the American people to give him a second term. Why?
Well, now you know what I’m thinking. What are your thoughts?
Original Post: Conservatives on Fire