As we have been focusing, the layoffs seem to be piling up. Here is a list published last night by The Blaze…
A layoff is tough enough for employees to deal with, imagine hearing the crushing news that your office is shutting down just before Thanksgiving and Christmas… Here are some of the business closings that were announced in just the past two days:
- Caterpillar Inc. will close its plant in Owatonna Minn.
- Mount Pleasant’s Albrecht Sentry Foods
- The Target store at Manassas Mall Va.
- Millennium Academy in Wake Forest NC
- Target Closing Kissimmee FL Location
- The Andover Gift Shop in Andover MA
- Grand Union Family Markets Closing Storrs Location CT
- Movie Scene Milford Location NH
- Update: TE Connectivity Closing Greensboro Plant – 620 Layoffs Expected
- Gomer’s Fried Chicken in South Kansas City
- Kmart in Homer Glen
- Fresh Market on Pine Street in Burlington
- AGC Glass North America to permanently close its Blue Ridge Plant in Kingsport Tenn.
- The Target store at Platte and Academy in Colorado Springs
- The Roses store on Reynold Road in Winston-Salem NC
- Meanders Kitchen losing its West Seattle location at 6032 California Ave
- Bost Harley-Davidson at 46th Avenue North and Delaware Ave. in West Nashville TN
- Townsend Booksellers in Oakland
- The Kmart store in Parkway Plaza off University Drive in Durham NC – 79 Jobs Lost
To see even more companies that announced layoffs since the election, visit the Daily Job Cuts page.
Obviously, employers were waiting until the election to make their choices in terms of staffing. The people made their choice, and now the businesses have to make choices to stay in business. As always, we’ll be covering the growing list of layoffs due to the election, and at each stage of the process, I will be reminding people that elections have consequences.