Oh yes friends. It appears that the preference for white meat is a sure sign of racism? According to a recycled article at Slate, via IJ Review, it is…
Slate recently republished an article from 2010 saying how racist white meat is. The writer babbles on about white bread and its white history, then pivots to white turkey meat …seriously:
Why have we broken the chains of the whiteness that bound us to fatally tasteless white bread while still remaining imprisoned in the white-meat turkey ghetto? …
Despite its superior taste, dark meat has dark undertones for some. Dark meat evokes the color of earth, soil. Dark meat seems to summon up ancient fears of contamination and miscegenation as opposed to the supposed superior purity of white meat. I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise that white meat remains the choice of a holiday that celebrates Puritans.
Now, let’s take this liberal logic, and take it to it’s logical conclusion…
- Since Turkeys have more white meat, they are inherently racist.
- Since they are so terribly racist , all turkeys must be subjected to an “affirmative meat program.” this entails that they be genetically engineered until they all look like Popeye. Forget that they will be freaks of nature, it’s all about fairness, you know!
- To genetically engineer the turkeys, government funds should be provided to companies that are owned by democratic party donors.
- We’ll pretend that never happened once all the companies go bankrupt.
- And, since God created turkeys, said supreme being is racist is well.
- Since God cannot be attacked, Christians must be attacked-like an excuse is needed for that anyway.
I’m sure that line could be extended on forever, all because of the white meat content of turkey’s, but you get the point. Turkeys, God, and you, are all racist. And, it doesn’t matter what happens, or what reality is, you can’t escape it.