I’d like to take the moment to wish everyone a Happy New Year. However, I might want to add that my wish is by no means a guarantee. I fear that 2013 is going to be a terrible year, and it will result in hardships of all sorts. Here are some of my reasons…
1. Fiscal Cliff jumping: It appears that we are going to go off the “fiscal cliff.” What does that mean? It means that Obama’s negotiating position was “give me exactly what I want, and nothing less.” The members of the stupid party, however, made many concessions, and proved themselves to be RINO’s. They even went as far to offer one of Nancy Pelosi’s former proposals. But Obama would have none of it. However, the MSM will not report it this way. They will portray “dear leader” as the great statesman, willing to debate and deal, but it was the Evil Republicans that caused all the problems. This is what will happen…
- You’re taxes, everyone’s taxes, will go back to Clinton era levels. The MSM will blame the GOP.
- Medicare and Social Security will be cut. The MSM will blame the GOP.
- Military cuts will be made. The MSM will blame the GOP.
- The payroll tax cut (which takes money from Social Security) will be revoked. The MSM will blame the GOP.
Get the idea? The GOP will be blamed for the whole thing. The MSM will bleat the narrative like sheep, and there will be enough people stupid enough to believe it. Then, the cowards in the
GOP Stupid Party establishment will, feel the imaginary pressure, and fold like a bad poker hand. After that, Obama declares victory, and the MSM hails him as the man that lowered taxes for the middle class!
2. Financial Collapse? It’s possible. I will not consider myself a economist by any stretch of the imagination. I do know that if there is a ton of something, that it becomes less valuable. And, given that our money is funny in the first place, it is becoming more funny all the time. And, the US dollar is the kind of funny that most people would not find at all amusing. In other words, it isn’t worth the paper it is printed on, and it’s only a matter of time before reality catches up with the ability of the Federal Reserve’s ability to hide that uncomfortable fact. So, am I saying the hyperinflation, mega unemployment, and economic activity creeping to a halt is a possibility this year? Yes, I think it is. I don’t know enough to say more, but it strikes me as being a possibility.
3. Religious persecution accelerates. I can see it becoming more and more like open season on Jesus. Oh, the Muslims will be given preferential treatment, but Christians and Jews are going to have a tougher time of it in 2013. ObamaCare is going to force Christians to fund abortion and birth control, and companies and organizations will be targeted for refusing to comply. Now, this can easily be seen as intentional. If Christian business people close or sell their businesses to avoid violating the conscience, the Christian influence is weakened in society. Also, it marginalizes Christians in the business world, meaning that less will go into business in the first place.
The second area to look at are Catholic Hospitals. They too, are going to asked to violate their conscience to provide for murder. However, if Obama can get them to go along with the murder plan, the Catholics are hypocrites, and their standing takes a shot. In other words, they lose influence due to not following their own beliefs. Better yet for liberals, if the Catholics close their hospitals. or are shut down by the government, a crisis will be created. That crisis will give the government greater justification to take even more control of the medical system. Since single payer is the long term goal, shutting down religious run hospitals is a logical course.
Evil people have always hated Jews. There are more evil people, therefore more anti-Semitism. It really is that simple. With the growth and influence of islam here in the US and abroad, it will become increasingly unsafe for Jews.
Emboldened by Obama’s victory, potential victories via ObamaCare, and protected by a compliant DOJ, persecution of all kinds might accelerate. After all, the dad of that Jesus guy doesn’t like what a lot the liberals do, so even though they claim not to believe in him, they sure do try to silence his followers, don’t they?
4. Hey, I voted for Obama, and ObamaCare took my job! Yes it did, and it’ll take a ton more before it’s done. Of the many problems facing businesses, besides tax increases, is the fact that Obama increases their expenses so much that a ton of people are going to lose their jobs. The estimates run from the hundreds of thousands, to over 1,000,000. But, if yours is one of those jobs, you’re going to feel the pain. Millions more may have their hours cut, lose their own benefits, or be forced to accept decreased benefits. Oh, and those premiums? Costs have already gone up around 50%. they are likely to rise even more.
Elections have consequences.
5. Gun Control: For years, the Democrats hid the fact that they were gun grabbers-at least from the under-informed. The rest of us have always known that the Democrats wanted the guns, but needed a justification. So, when the opportunity to use dead children to make a political point came, the masks came off , and the reaching has begun. Having no shame, only lust for power, our leftist friends will keep on trying until either they are defeated by reality, or they do manage to pass something that make no one safer, but interfere with the ability of the average American to protect themselves. The problem is this; if the gun grabbers go too far, they might find themselves subject to real armed resistance. While this site does not recommend violence, there are many that will no allow themselves to be disarmed. The question will then be how many people are the Democrats willing to kill to enforce their law? Hopefully, they will not resort to such a totalitarian plan, but you never know.
6. Control of information: If 2012 taught us anything, it taught that the MSM, though weakened, is still the primary means of news for millions of Americans. Sadly, even though the alphabet networks are essentially propaganda arms of the regressives, they still have enough of an audience to swing the national conversation, and obviously cover for a failed POTUS. There will be more and more lies, and as long as the uninformed remain blissfully ignorant of what really is happening. Look for this to expand, as there is going to be a lot of blame to place on others, stories to omit, and facts to ignore if the MSM is to cover for Obama.
I’m sure that there is more, but I think that anyone with a brain will recognize that 2013 is not going to be a good year. The economy is going to falter, and there is nothing we can do to change it. People are going to suffer, and the media will either ignore it, or blame it on the usual suspects-namely us. It’s going to be an interesting year, and not in many good ways. The “fundamental transformation of the United States will reach a point at which it will be increasingly difficult to hide. But, that wont stop people from trying.
Note: I have tried to delay posting this until more was available on the fiscal cliff. However, the Senate did pass a bill, and is gone to the House at the time of this writing. I will cover that more in another post.
Happy New Year, but I doubt that will hold for long.