This is how liberalism works…
King Obama, with a flick of his royal pen, signed a bunch of your rights away. This is what he did, via Capitol Commentary…
Here’s what he signed:
The full list of the executive actions as released by the White House:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
These are pretty much all silly “feel good” ideas that won’t do anything.
If you will note, not a single one of these items will stop another Sandy Hook, or even an inner city drive-by shooting. In fact, they might encourage more by limiting the rights of law abiding citizens. Then again, this really IS all about limiting the rights of the law abiding. It isn’t about crimes, it’s about exploiting them. Yes, all of the items look innocuous, and the low information voter might think this a “nice start,” but in reality, it’s the tip of the ice berg. Many of these directives call on on the federal government to make regulation. They may call it something else, but in the end, it’s a “call to regulate something.” The problem with that is they will do it quietly, behind closed doors, and it will bypass the legislative process entirely.
So much for, “This is what democracy looks like.”
We are going to see more and more of this. We told you from day one that Obama was a gun grabber. We told you that the Democratic party, no matter what they said, was going to go after the guns when they had the chance. Sandy hook gave them they chance, and they took it.
Elections have consequences.
Oh, and by the way, I think the next GOP POTUS should sign executive orders limiting abortion, and watch as the liberals and the press suddenly define that as over-reach. After all, it would be for the children, right?