You have to love it when the liberals do the leg work for us. As Mockerena, from Chicks on the Right points out, JM Baker or Jezebel did a lot of research, and created a list of (gasp) “Conservative companies” that are fighting the ObamaCare mandate to provide birth control. Mockerena has more…
Katie JM Baker writes for Jezebel.com and I want to offer her my most HEARTFELT THANKS for doing a bunch of work for me that I no longer have to do. You see, she wrote a blistering column against the “bigoted” companies who are daring to fight Obamacare’s contraception coverage mandate. She advised her readers to “stay far away” from these 18 companies. So I thought, well, why reinvent the wheel? Now that she’s grouped the companies all together so conveniently, I don’t have to look them up, and now you can share these with your networks far and wide, and tell people to VISIT and PATRONIZE THE CRAP out of these fine establishments.
But before I pluck them right out of her handy dandy article and list them out for you, I wanted to bring to your attention the amazing stupidity that Katie JM Baker displays in her piece. For example, let’s look at her opening line. She says, “When conservative blowhards argue that women should pay for their own damn contraception, they really mean women should pay for their own sluttish decisions; religious right talking heads never tire of asking why employers should subsidize sinful lifestyles. But here’s the real question: why should women bear the cost of their employers’ noxious moral beliefs?”
Apparently $9 a month is out of reach of women? During the Sandra Fluke propaganda campaign, it was pointed out that a local Target store sold a month’s supply of birth control pills for all but $9. Perhaps JM Baker is sexist for assuming that women cannot earn enough to pay $9 a month? And, of course, Mock points out the highly hypocritical, and hilariously entitled liberal thinking that while government should stay out of vaginas (which they should-paging Bill Clinton), they also demand that government pay for the upkeep of said vaginas. Not only do the feminists want to have their cake and eat it too, they want us to pay for it!
At any rate, here is the list of companies that JM Baker of Jezebel suggests we patronize…
1. Tyndale House - An Illinois publishing company focusing on Christian books. Katie’s all in a tizzy because the company’s founder equates certain contraceptives with abortion. Here’s an idea. If you want contraceptives, go buy them. And/or don’t work at Tyndale House. Problem solved.
2. Freshway Foods and Freshway Logistics – Ohio-based produce companies. They have signs in their stores which state, “It’s not a choice, it’s a child” and their benefits plans exclude contraceptives, sterilizations and abortion-inducing drugs. Katie’s MAD about that, y’all. HOW DARE a company owner have an opinion based on faith? HOW DARE they run a business the way they see fit?
3. Conestoga Wood Specialties Corporation – PA-based cabinet manufacturer run by Mennonites. They have nearly 1000 employees, but who cares that they’re providing jobs and livelihoods? What matters is that they won’t provide Plan B pills. OMG ARREST THEM ALL.
4. Weingartz Supply Company – MI-based company which sells outdoor power equipment. Catholic owner.
5. Autocam Corporation – MI-based transportation/medical equipment company.
6. Domino’s Farms – MI-based property management company, with ownership held by the same guy who started Domino’s Pizza. He’s against some forms of contraception, to which Katie says, “Oh, go f*ck yourself and your overly saucy pizza.” Ooooo – good one, Katie. Way to make a compelling argument. Well done.
7. Infrastructure Alternatives, Inc. – MI-based contractor dealing with environemental dredging/water treatment, etc.8. Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Inc. – IL-based construction company with Catholic owners, who “wish to conduct business in a manner that does not violate their religious faith.” Katie says, “Awww, they make prioritizing your own beliefs over dozens of people who work for you sound so polite.” Yes, Katie, dozens of people who WORK FOR THEM BY CHOICE. They are welcome to go elsewhere. Or, they can stay employed and simply GO TO TARGET AND BUY SOME FREAKING BIRTH CONTROL.
9. Triune Health Group – Illinois-based company helping injured workers get back to the workforce. They recently won an award for being exceptionally woman-friendly. But that’s not good enough for Katie. Katie wants them to violate their religious conscience so that women employees can have sex on someone else’s dime. It’s only FAIR!
10. Grote Industries – Indiana manufacturer of car safety systems. They do not want to cover abortifacient drugs, contraception or sterilization. So if you want those things? Don’t work for them, or work for them and reach into your own wallet to cover those items. EASY PEASY.
11. Tonn and Black Construction, LLC – Indiana construction company.
12. O’Brien Industrial Holdings – MO-based company that processes ceramic materials.
13. American Pulverizer Company – MO- based business that deals in scrap metal recycling. Katie’s furious that they care about “hypothetical embryonic lives” more than they care about their 150 employees. Oh, Katie. Dear, naïve Katie. Do you see the difference between destroying the life of an embryo and making an adult pay for something at a drug store? I suppose you don’t.
14. Annex Medical Inc. – medical device company in MN.
15. Sharpe Holdings, Inc. – MO company involved in dairy farming.
16. Sioux Chief MFG. Co, Inc. – MO plumbing company. Katie thinks that even though the owners are Catholic, they should “host a debate with their 370 employees” to see what they think about not being given contraception coverage. Because apparently, Katie believes that company owners owe it to their employees to provide them with whatever they want, irrespective of how much it may violate their religious beliefs.
17. Hercules Industries, Inc. – CO company in HVAC.
18. Hobby Lobby – OK-based crafts chain. You might’ve heard of them.
Mock’s slicing and dicing here is hilarious. So get over to Chicks on the right, and read the rest of the sarcastic commentary. You will not regret it. And, if you have the opportunity, patronize some of the businesses on this list.