I think we might be seeing a coordinated effort to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. For the set up, Gateway Pundit has more…
THIS IS AN ORGANIZED NATIONAL EFFORT FOLKS……
This is not a coincidence. It is a concerted effort.
Missouri Democrats are pushing a bill to confiscate guns giving gun owners 90 days to turn in their weapons.
Minnesota Democrats are pushing the same bill.
Dana Loesch has more details.
Here is the language:
4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
Then there’s this…
Minnesota Democrats are pushing similar legislation using nearly identical language as the Missouri bill.
MN H.F. No. 241, as introduced – 88th Legislative Session (2013-2014) Posted on Jan 31, 2013
10.20 Sec. 7. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on February 1, 2013, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon has until September 1, 2013, to do any of the following without being subject to
prosecution under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7133:
(1) remove the weapon from the state;
(2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
(3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or
(4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7133, subdivision 5.
EFFECTIVE DATE.This section is effective the day following final enactment.
Basically, these laws stand to turn thousands of law abiding citizens into criminals. Considering the popularity of “ugly guns,” the number could be in the tens of thousands.
Now let’s consider the consequences. It seems that there are simply quite a few people that are flatly refusing to comply with these laws. Here is what was discussed when NY passed their new restrictive law…
After Democrats in New York rammed a sweeping assault on the right to keep and bear arms through the legislature that failed to exempt police officers from the draconian restrictions, gun owners and even some lawmakers are planning what has been dubbed potentially the largest act of civil disobedience in state history. According to news reports, gun rights activists are urging everyone to defy far-left Governor Andrew Cuomo’s new registration mandate while daring authorities to “come and take it.”
Preparations are already being made for mass resistance. “I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said President Brian Olesen with American Shooters Supply, among the biggest gun dealers in the state, in an interview with the New York Post.
Threats of imprisoning gun owners for up to a year and confiscating their weapons are already being issued by governor’s office, headed by a rabid anti-Second Amendment extremist who suggested before the bill passed that “confiscation” of all semi-automatic rifles was being considered. If tens or even hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding citizens refuse to comply, however, analysts say New York would either have to start raising taxes and building a lot more prisons, or give up on the scheme that experts say will do nothing to reduce violence and that lawmakers say is aimed at eventual confiscation.
So yes, different states are engaging in gun confiscation. We, as a people, are divided as never before, and the spirit of freedom against tyranny is at an all time high. The real question is if the governors of these states are willing to imprison or even kill, tens of thousands of their own citizens? I would say that if they are hard core liberals, they will see thousands of deaths as a small price to pay for the power they seek.
What do you think, are they intentionally trying to provoke a response, or are they naive gun grabbers?
Consider this an open thread.