Drum roll please…
So, I am honored that I was nominated for “Most Influential Blogger.” As part of this, I am asked to answer some questions, so here we go.
1. Why did you start a political blog, and when?
I started the original Conservative Hideout in February of 2009. I was disgusted after the 2008 elections-disgusted at the GOP for being such incompetents. That was actually disgust that started back after the midterms in 2006, and hit the ceiling during the 2008 campaign.
2. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
There are a ton to sift through here. Jesus would be an obvious choice. However, if there is small print that precluded relatives of the Supreme Being, then Jefferson, Reagan, or Washington might be interesting.
3. What person has most influenced your life and in what way have they done so?
My father was a very quiet example of how to be as a human being. He took care of what needed taking care of. He did little to nothing for himself, and always put family first.
4. If you could choose one state for Conservatives to “take over” and reshape into a vision of America congruent with Constitutional / Conservative principles, what state would you choose and why?
I really don’t know. My personal preference would be for mild winters. 44 years of PA winters have cured my of any love for Winter or cold. I know, totally selfish, but I had to go there. In a serious sense, a state with ample energy supplies, an long growing season, and ports for trade would be great. Because I think it a state really worked completely on Conservative principals, it would be boycotted by the others. Think of Texas being bordered by a lot of Detroits!
5. If you could do anything just one time, what would that one thing be?
Go into space.
6. What book has influenced your life (other than the Bible or Torah) and describe how?
Robert Bork’s “Slouching Towards Gomorrah” It isn’t the best read in the world, to be perfectly honest. But I read it not too long after graduating with a Master’s Degree, and a brain full of liberal mush. It provided a much needed dose of reality, and a framework to help me understand why what I was seeing in the real world did not match what I was taught in school. Bork cured my Cognitive Dissonance, and set me on a path to learn, and recognize reality.
7. If you could purchase one vehicle of your choice, regardless of the price, what would it be?
I don’t even know where to begin there. I love GM A-Bodies from the late 60′s-early 70′s. I like First Generation GM F-Bodies. I love the rumble of a V-8, and very few things sound better than a Chevy small block. Actually, I’ll take one of each. Thanks!
So, now that I have answered the questions, there are a few more things for me to do.
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Done
2. Link back to the person who nominated you Done
3. Answer 7 questions decided up by your nominator Done
4. Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them. Done!
And here we go!
Doug, of the awesome Daley Gator
5. Notify those bloggers of the award requirements.
I’ll be getting to that in a bit.