I think it would be safe to say the 2013 was a very strange year. From beginning to end, it supplied the conservative blogosphere with enough controversy, insanity, and flat-out moon battery to keep both writer and reader quite busy. So, off the top of my head, here are my thoughts on some of the top stories of 2013.
- Our first story, and the one most covered here the Conservative Hideout, is ObamaCare. We predicted doom, gloom, and absolute failure for president Obama signature legislation. Let’s just say that it did not disappoint. We saw more job losses, hours being cut, plans being canceled, premiums rising higher, businesses not hiring, and so forth. Of course, our liberal friends did their very best to lie and obfuscate, but when millions are negatively impacted, it’s hard to spray little perfume over a open sewer and convince people that it is sanitary. For his part, Pres. Obama simply chose to ignore parts a law. He granted exceptions that he was not legally entitled to grant. The ignored mandates, legislating without the legislature itself. At current, he seems to of the delayed much of the pain of ObamaCare until after the 2014 midterm elections. However, the people that have been negatively impacted will not forget Pres. Obama, nor will they forget their Democratic Congress critters that foisted this nonsense upon. And, come to think of it, we are going to let them forget!
- In order of importance, perhaps the second most important story is the IRS’s targeting of conservative groups. Even though the media did their best to ignore it; and failing that, minimizing it, it still came to the awareness of millions of Americans. In a nutshell, the IRS, under orders from IRS HQ, intentionally and persistently targeted conservative groups. This went from additional scrutiny and intentional denial of tax exempt status. It also involved illegal data collection and distribution; for example, names of donors in their personal information. In spite of denials, the delay sand flat-out lies, the truth came out. The IRS was guilty of massive discrimination in illegal activity in their additional scrutiny, if not harassment of conservative groups. Of course, the administration denied it, and the mainstream media refuse to report it, but we were here to tell you about it!
- I’m rather proud that the Conservative Hideout was among the first blogs to cover ClimateGate. Our contributor, Don, got to the story early, and we stayed on it for the duration. Since then, we have covered the unraveling of
global cooling global warming climate changeThe Big Lie. In 2013, there were no shortages of climate failure to be exposed. From the UK having a record cold winter, to 30 inches of snow on Memorial Day, to the record cold Arctic summer, to Al Gore’s doom and gloom prediction of zero Arctic sea ice falling flat, and even to the global warming expedition being caught in the ice, the “settled science” of global warming has taken more hits than a punchdrunk boxer with one glass eye. However, that hasn’t stopped the advocates from trying to force us to live in thatch huts, while Al Gore jets in comfort between his mansions.
- After 2013, the phrase Bomber Sues Bloggers might be a bit more familiar to you. All throughout the year, Brett Kimberlin had taken his lawfare game to all new highs (or lows, as the case may be). His latest effort has been labeled Kimberlin versus the Universe, et al. by blogger, and one of many defendants, John Hoge of Hogewash. Robert Stacy McCain, of The Other McCain, has been named as a co-defendant, but has yet to be served in the suit. I would advise you to visit The Other McCain, and check out the extensive coverage there. This entire situation is important because it shows how far people are willing to go to silence others. Brett Kimberlin is a convicted bomber, convicted perjurer, and all around really bad guy. If he is permitted to silence bloggers who did nothing more than cover his many criminal convictions, which are public knowledge, it opens up the door for every other bad guy in the world to silence people who speak the truth.
- And, speaking of people who want to silence those who speak the truth, we eventually have to cover the sad and strange case of Kaitlyn Hunt. For those of you that are unaware, Kaitlyn Hunt was a then 18-year-old who was caught having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old. In almost any other case, the adult would’ve taken a plea deal, and the story would’ve never gotten off the back page of the paper. However, the family and supporters of Kaitlyn Hunt attempted to make this a gay-rights issue, and proceeded to lie about every single aspect of the case. They incorrectly stated that the perpetrator was 17, and her victim was 15. In fact, the respective ages were 18 and 14. The Hunt family also named the victim and her family; causing them to be on the receiving end of a never ending stream of harassment and death threats. Additionally, they appeared on the Today Show. They also made appearances on Good Morning America, MSNBC, and CNN. As time wore on, bloggers, such as Robert Stacy McCain and myself, began exposing the lies. Then, Kaitlyn Hunt violated the no contact order and not only exchange 20,000 text messages with her victim, she also met with the victim for additional sexual activity. She has since been released, but many think she received a plea deal that heterosexual males would not have received. Over time, the story became more about the supporters of Kaitlyn Hunt stalking people that told the truth about the case. The parallels between Kaitlyn Hunt and her supporters, and Brett Kimberlin and his supporters has not been lost on bloggers and readers alike. Whereas Kimberlin wants people to stop discussing his previous convictions, the supporters of Kaitlyn Hunt not only want people to stop telling the truth about her case, they also want to legalize sex between adults and minors. So, not only do you have the legal issues, but you also have a group of people that are being cheered by sex offenders all over the United States.
- With the growing public awareness of the “knockout game,” I started covering racial violence. And for almost a month, I had daily posts featuring black on white violence. It is still going on the local media covers less and less these days, so there’s not as much to report. Rather than call for retaliation, or engage in racism, we choose to look at this as a symptom, or consequence of the divisive politics of the Democratic Party. It is highly ironic that the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crow, the party of slavery, and the party of Margaret Sanger dare call themselves friends of African-Americans. The Democratic Party has systematically attempted to destroy the black family, prevent them from being educated, and limit their numbers the abortion. Then, they blame whites in general; and specifically Republicans, or Tea Party members. We need a real racial dialogue and the station not the same old blame game played by the Democratic Party in the racism industry. So, I will continue to cover this issue.
So, that is my short list for the top stories of 2013. Of course, I likely for less somethings out, so feel free to tell me about it in the comment section.
I really hope that 2014 is a much better year than 2013 was for our nation. However, with Obama still residing in the White House, I hold little hope that 2014 will be a breakout year. It may just be that we need another president, and more importantly, a president of another political persuasion, to actually see a real recovery in this country. One thing that you can be sure of is that the Conservative Hideout will be here, come hell or high water, to cover at all. We are rapidly approaching the fifth anniversary of the Conservative Hideout. In those almost 5 years, myself and the contributors have written over 4000 posts. We have received over 20,000 comments. We’re not looking to turn our backs on what we’ve built – were going to move on and continue to tell the truth. Detractors, trolls, stalkers, sex offenders all be damned, we’re moving forward.
I like to wish you all a Happy New Year, and I would especially like to thank those people that have supported the Conservative Hideout over the years.