Apparently, one school’s basic guidelines for bullied kids amounts to STFU. The Federalist Papers has more…
Another example of how school officials don’t always think clearly, and why you need to be vigilant and check up on what your children are learning at school!
Via The Blaze:
Fifth grade students at Zeman Elementary School in Lincoln, Neb., were recently sent home with a “flyer” outlining how they should handle bullies. The instructions were apparently deemed so ridiculous by parents that the school district quickly issued an apology and the “inaccurate information” was pulled.
That was after the nine “rules” for dealing with bullies went viral, of course.
Here are some of the more questionable ones:
• Rule #3 Do not be afraid.
• Rule #4: Do not verbally defend yourself.
• Rule #7: Do not tell on bullies.
• Rule #8: Don’t be a sore loser
• Rule #9: Learn to laugh at yourself and not get “hooked” by put-downs.
Here is the print version.