A warning from Canada, where gun registration led to gun confiscation. But that won’t happen here, right?
A warning from Canada, where gun registration led to gun confiscation. But that won’t happen here, right?
I’ve said before that if the Democrats can’t directly ban guns, that they’ll take any and every path to confiscate as many as possible. At some point, you’re going to want to know who has guns in order to confiscate them. Which is why Democrats wants national databases of gun owners, and Conservatives resist such measures. But, if Democrats cannot make their own, they will get them from the states. That is what allegedly happened in Missouri. Apparently, they shared their Concealed Carry Permit database with the Feds. Liberty News has more…
This is from yesterday:
The Missouri State Highway Patrol has twice turned over the entire list of Missouri concealed weapon permit holders to federal authorities, most recently in January, Sen. Kurt Schaefer said Wednesday.
Questioning in the Senate Appropriations Committee revealed that on two occasions, in November 2011 and again in January, the patrol asked for and received the full list from the state Division of Motor Vehicle and Driver Licensing. Schaefer later met in his office with Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the patrol.
After the meeting, he said Replogle had given him sketchy details about turning over the list, enough to raise many more questions. Testimony from Department of Revenue officials revealed that the list of 185,000 names had been put online in one instance and given to the patrol on a disc in January.
Schaefer has been investigating a new driver licensing system. He and the committee grilled the revenue officials for several hours in the morning and again at midday before they admitted the list had been copied. The investigation was triggered by fears that concealed weapons data was being shared with federal authorities.
Again, what they cannot get formally or legally, they will obtain illegally. The point is that the Administration needs to know where the guns are to get at them. In a sense, it’s like a chess game, and the state is trying to see where the other side is moving their pieces.
When gun registration is mandated, it’s only a matter of time before confiscation starts. The Right Scoop has the video…
Lessons from history. Will we learn them, or will a lot of people die once their gun are taken?
Oh, and I was just wondering why them man featured in the beginning of the video thought he had a right to live? Didn’t he know that he was supposed to die in the name or progressive policies? Well, since he lived, he’ll have to be punished.
You know, I almost want to gloat, if it were not so tragic. For years, bloggers such as myself have been warning that the Democrats would go for a gun grab at the first opportune moment. Of course, a ton of people made light of that, but they aren’t laughing now. And for the latest evidence, a leaked DOJ email sh0ws what the government really thinks of the Second Amendment. Apparently the government thinks that gun registration and confiscation will be needed. the NRA has more…
I love the part where they admit that an assault weapon ban wouldn’t impact gun violence.
But, gun registration and confiscation is the main objective anyway.
H/T: GateWay Pundit
Once again, we have stated that the liberal/democrat goal is for gun confiscation. It has always been the goal. And while they may hide that intent with “reasonable” sounding rhetoric, confiscation is the goal. It is always the end game. For the latest example, let’s see what NY Assmeblyman, Steve McLaughlin has to say on the matter…
Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.
This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation o ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
As you can see, the suggestions here represent the slippery slope towards confiscation. Now that the liberals have unmasked themselves, they have to make a big push to get their gun confiscation legislation through. They aren’t going to be able to go back to avoiding the Second Amendment-they need results, and soon.
H/T: The Daley Gator
On New Years Eve, I made the point that liberals are gun grabbers that needed a justification to take all the guns. A great example of this is an Illinois Gun bill that might be proposed in the lame duck session of the their State Legislature…
“The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton [above] will introduce a so called ‘assault weapons’ ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its ‘lame duck’ session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police . . .
Read the rest of the article, if you will.
This is a classic tactic of the left, given that most of the electorate is a tad bit “under-informed,” and rely on the MSM for their information. All they have to do is lie, and say that their ban only included, “ugly guns.” With the bleating sheep not realizing that they are about to be taken, the leftists skate their nasty legislation through. Must be easy if you rely on your electorate to be clueless.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them. The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army” — Gen. George Washington, to his troops before the battle of Long Island
This quote is taken from the Oathkeepers website. I’ve been aware of them for a few weeks now, but am now finally getting around to doing a post on them. As the name implies, the Oathkeepers believe in keeping their oath to uphold and protect the Constitution. Their oath is in ten statements shown here.
- We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.
- We will NOT obey any order to conduct warrantless searches of the American people, their homes, vehicles, papers, or effects — such as warrantless house-to house searches for weapons or persons.
- We will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal.
- We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state, or to enter with force into a state, without the express consent and invitation of that state’s legislature and governor.
- We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union.
- We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
- We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
- We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control” during any emergency, or under any other pretext. We will consider such use of foreign troops against our people to be an invasion and an act of war.
- We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies, under any emergency pretext whatsoever.
- We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
Here is more from their website.
Oath Keepers is a non partisan association of currently serving military, peace officers, fire-fighters, and veterans who will fulfill our oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.
Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and not to any political party. In the long-standing tradition of the U.S. military, we are apolitical. We don’t care if unlawful orders come from a Democrat or a Republican, or if the violation is bi-partisan. We will not obey unconstitutional (and thus unlawful) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law. We won’t “just follow orders.” Our motto: “Not on Our Watch!” or to put it even more succinctly, in the words of 101st Airborne Commander General Anthony McAuliffe at the Battle of the Bulge, “NUTS!”
There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But many others do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution and to the people, and understand what that means.
The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers.
We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops.
Help us win it.
This, in my opinion, is an outstanding development. I am pleased to see that many Americans are choosing to take on the responsibility of actually keeping their oath to protect and uphold the constitution. While that comment may sound sarcastic, that is not the intent. As we all are aware, we are watching an unprecedented attempt by our own government to water down, or outright eliminate many of our individual freedoms. Distrust of the government, particularly at the federal level, is at all time highs. I personally take great comfort that there are people in positions of responsibility willing to take this oath.
I would have to assume that taking this oath might come at some personal risk. Given the federal government’s stance that anyone who disagrees with the POTUS is a terrorist, these people are facing probable investigation. Given the extent to which government officials visit this blog (thanks Stat Counter), it’s not a stretch to believe that the government would also check on the online activities of people that take this oath. Also depending upon the scenario, people taking this oath, and as well as depending upon their employment or service, they could face job loss, imprisonment, court-martial, or other punishments for upholding their oath. These people are taking their oath seriously, perhaps at personal risk to themselves. If you know an Oathkeeper, thank them and support them. If you are in a position that may one day require you to participate in anything described in the Oathkeeper’s statements, please consider taking the oath yourself. Just know that you will have made yourself some powerful enemies in the process.