Nineteen times Dear Leader promised he’d reduce our health insurance premiums by $2,500 per year.
Repeat after me: Barack Obama is a lying sack of shit.
Since ObamaCare kicked in, health insurance premiums in New Jersey have risen faster than ever.
Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, the cost of premiums in New Jersey each year have risen faster than the national average, according to a study released today by a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank.
Premiums for New Jersey employer-sponsored health coverage climbed an average of 4.4 percent a year from 2003 through 2010 to $5,153 per single person, according to the study by the Commonwealth Fund. But from 2010 to 2013, the average premium rose 6.4 percent a year, to $6,200.
The spike was even greater for family policies. Pre-ObamaCare, premiums rose by 4.7 percent a year, but escalated to a 7.4 percent average jump annually from 2010 to 2013. The total cost of a family policy in New Jersey was $17,396 in 2013.
New Jersey is among 10 states where premiums climbed 6 percent or more each year from 2010 to 2013. Similarly high increases were felt in Alaska, Colorado, Indiana, Maryland, New Hampshire, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming, according to the report.
I’m thinking that 7.4 percent number is a little low. My day job’s small group plan’s premiums rose an average of 18 percent a year over the same time period. And that’s for crappier coverage with higher deductibles and whopping out-of-pocket / coinsurance costs. Pre-ObamaCare we had an awesome Aetna plan which really was “affordable.” Post-ObamaCare our prescription drug copays have trebled, the family max out-of-pocket quadrupled, and the number of doctors in our network went way down. For this we pay premiums that are almost double what they were 6 years ago.
The only person who ever told the truth about ObamaCare was Jonathan Gruber.
Oh, but the Obamabots will call him (and me) a liar, and claim ObamaCare is “working.” 9 million more people are insured! OK, then riddle me this, Batman. The US population is about 320 million. So to allegedly help 2.8% of the people, Obama screwed over the other 97.2%.
Yeah, that’s some mighty fine government work alright. No wonder he’s the Best President Evuh.