Hat/Tip to WeaselZippers.
— ericbolling (@ericbolling) January 28, 2015
Hat/Tip to Kaitlan Collins at The Daily Caller.
Not known for his tact, nor his shyness, Kid Rock has joined the many other celebrities who have spoken out against Micheal Moore and Seth Rogen after they insulted the memory of true American Hero, Chris Kyle.
Michael Moore is a gutless coward and he doesn’t even have the cajonés to defend what he did say. First of all, here is his initial comment on ‘snipers.’
My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren’t heroes. And invaders r worse
— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) January 18, 2015
Then, when he began to receive a HUGE amount of backlash, he tried to clarify his remarks.
Hmm. I never tweeted 1word bout AmericanSniper/ChrisKyle. I said my uncle killed by sniper in WWII; only cowards would do that 2 him, others — Michael Moore (@MMFlint) January 19, 2015
For those interested, here was my response to that:
Yeahhhhh, right. And Cuba has the best health care system in the world, too Mikey!
But to be fair, they do have a remarkable “fat farm” that is guaranteed to get you back to your ‘fighting’weight, lol. Simple plan, really:
Move to Cuba.
Make public statements that the Raul and Fidel Castro are not brothers, but gay lovers.
Wait to be arrested and thrown in political prison.
Voilá! After subsisting on a diet of crusty, stale bread and rancid water for a few months, you’ll lose weight faster than Barack Obama loses Presidential Approval Ratings points…
As a reminder, here is Seth Rogen’s tweet, which he, too tried lamely to walk back:
American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) January 18, 2015
And Kid Rock wasn’t swayed in his opinion of Michael Moore and Seth Rogen, either. Kid offered the following comments, language warning included:
F*ck you Michael Moore, you’re a piece of sh*t and your uncle would be ashamed of you. Seth Rogen, your uncle probably molested you. I hope both of you catch a fist to the face soon.
God bless you Chris Kyle, Thank you for your service.
UPDATE: It is worth noting that Seth Rogen has since offered a direct, unambiguous apology for his remarks:
I truly hope this clears things up: pic.twitter.com/1lLM4cA5je
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) January 23, 2015
But where Michael Moore is concerned, all I can say is that I pray for his soul and hope that he finds his way to God, because he needs some better direction for his life than what he’s doing now.
Hat/Tip to Joel Himelfarb at Newsmax.
By now, most of us have heard or read about what the rotund one percenter, Michael Moore said about not just authentic American Hero Chris Kyle, but ALL snipers…everywhere.
My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren’t heroes. And invaders r worse
— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) January 18, 2015
Now after the HUGE amount of backlash directed against him, Moore uttered some drivel that his tweet was actually about the sniper that killed Martin Luther King, Jr.
Yeahhhhh, right. And Cuba has the best health care system in the world, too Mikey!
But to be fair, they do have a remarkable “fat farm” that is guaranteed to get you back to your ‘fighting’ weight, lol. Simple plan, really:
But I digress, forgive me.
Moore’s comments were blasted by Dakota Meyer, awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic efforts to save fellow soldiers who came
under fire in Afghanistan.
Writing at Scout.com, Meyer, who served three years as a Marine sniper, said that “American Sniper” depicted snipers’ work “perfectly.”
A sniper’s main goal is “to eliminate ground threats for U.S. guys on the ground,” Meyer wrote. “Is that what a coward is?”
Cowards, Meyer emphasized in responding to Moore, “are people who didn’t have the guts to serve, and are happy to sit back in a free and protected country and call our service members cowards.”
And Meyer goes on to point out how fortuitous Moore’s timing was in labeling all snipers as ‘cowards.’
Meyer added that he found it amusing that Moore only began making his “all snipers are cowards” rant after the death of Kyle, the man “American Sniper” was based on.
“I find it funny that this Moore guy would only say this after Chris Kyle was killed,” Meyer wrote. “I’d have loved to see him say that to Chris’s face.”
Don’t hold your breath Dakota, although Moore COULD just check in with Jesse Ventura…right “Body?”
Read the full story here.
The corpulent Michael Moore appears to be rather wealthy to be a “commoner.” Here are some details from his now public and messy divorce…
What exactly does Michael Moore need with $50 million and nine houses? We’ll never know, but we can hazard a guess, thanks some details from the documentarian’s pending divorce.
“Roger & Me” is required Jalopnik viewing, if not for the devastating consequences of one town’s reliance on the auto industry then at least for the spectacular displays of wealth said industry affords. So it’s a little strange that the man who has built a career criticizing capitalist culture is very much a capitalist himself.
Moore and his wife, Kathleen Glynn, will end their marriage of 22 years this week in a courthouse in northern Michigan. It’s there where the couple shared a 10,000-square-foot home on Torch Lake, an affluent tourist community worlds removed from his Flint hometown. Moore initiated the divorce, records show.
Funny how that works; Michael Moore makes money from the common man, and owns many houses and has tens of millions of dollars. If he were a corporate CEO, he would be a target of the left-not a hero. However, he gets to do the same thing, and gets a pass for it.
Hat/Tip to Truth Revolt.
In response to the President’s address this morning about the massive scandal engulfing the VA, filmmaker Michael Moore took to Twitter to weigh in with his learned opinion.
The Repubs should stop with their fake outrage over the “V.A. scandal.” The only scandal they need to address is why they started those wars
Note the scare quotes around V.A. scandal, and how he says “the only scandal they need to address.” Even in mocking the idea that this is a scandal, Moore still manages to deflect all onus of responsibility for the mess or the investigation away from President Obama. So it’s not a scandal, but also it is a scandal that Republicans are responsible for. Moore is trying to have his many cakes and voraciously devour them too.
It is unclear why Moore would object to dead soldiers at war but not dead veterans at home.
Fake outrage is a funny term for Moore to use. His career has focused entirely on drumming up outrage in order to line his pockets, and using non-union labor to do it. Twitchy has compiled some of the better, more colorful responses to Moore’s ugly, insensitive tweet. The backlash should, and no doubt will, continue.
It does leave us with one question: To paraphrase Jake Tapper, how many more dead veterans will it take for Michael Moore to consider this a scandal? It’s a solid bet he won’t answer.
It appears that our liberal counterparts will go to absolutely any lengths to make anything look like racism. I often say that liberals always blame someone else for their failures. I would submit that racism is the glue that holds it together. Here’s an example I just made up…
Conservative: ObamaCare is causing businesses to cut back on jobs and hours, and more people are going to lose insurance, which will, ironically cost more.
Liberal: That’s racist! ObamaCare is wonderful!
In other words, reality is racist…because, racism!
To make the point abundantly clear, John Hawkins took the time and trouble to document some wonderful examples. Here are a few, via The Daley Gator…
Well, if our country is so racist, why is it that the Left has to reach so far to find examples of racism? People didn’t have to do any reaching to find examples of racism in the fifties and sixties, did they? So, if racism is such an all powerful force in America today, how is it that liberals have gotten so desperate to see race in every issue that they’ve had to latch on to pitiful issues like these to support their claims?
1) Criticizing the IRS: “Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man. ‘IRS’ is the new ‘Nigger.’” – Martin Bashir
2) Having a Republican National Convention during a hurricane: “They are happy to have a party with black people drowning.” – Yahoo News Washington bureau chief David Chalian on the Republican National Convention, which was going on at the same time as Hurricane Isaac.
3) Wanting to own a gun to prevent break-ins: “I am loathe to bring up what is in our head because we don’t like to talk about it so much. But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person that’s going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, it’s not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, that’s not what really, that’s not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how it’s the poor or it’s people of color that we imagine that we’re afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and it’s been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time.” – Michael Moore
4) Mentioning the “Constitution” or “respect for the Founding Fathers:” “The language of GOP racial politics is heavy on euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racial content of his message,” Williams wrote. “References to a lack of respect for the ‘Founding Fathers’ and the ‘Constitution’ also make certain ears perk up by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core ‘old-fashioned American values.’” – Juan Williams
5) Calling Obama “angry:” “That really bothered me. You notice (Romney) said anger twice. He’s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the ‘otherization,’ he’s not like us. I know it’s a heavy thing, I don’t say it lightly, but this is ‘niggerization.’” – Touré
6) Saying that Barack Obama lies: “Surrounded by middle-aged white guys – a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club – Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t. But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!” – Maureen Dowd
7) Noting that Obama is privileged: “Spotlighting his elite education is tantamount to racial bigotry because it insinuates that ‘he took the place of someone else through affirmative action, that someone else being someone white.’” – Jonathan Capehart
8) Saying that unions boss Obama around: “The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man can’t be the real boss?” – Lawrence O’Donnell
9) Supporting voter ID: “If you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and – and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally – and very transparently – block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it’s nothing short of that blatant.” – Debbie Wasserman Schultz
10) Saying “I want my country back:” “Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just don’t know why we can’t call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists – with their cries of, ‘I want my country back. You know what they’re really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.’ They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections – yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. That’s not tin-foil hat time. ” – Janeane Garofalo
11) Being fans of Herman Cain: “One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he(he’s) giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he’s a black man who knows his place. I know that’s harsh, but that’s how it sure seems to me.” – Karen Finney
12) Fighting for the 2nd Amendment: “I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].” – Jason Whitlock
13) Republicans trying to keep Obama from being reelected: “Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Party… Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. What’s, what does that, what underlines that? ‘Screw the country. We’re going to (do) whatever we (can) do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.’… It is a racist thing.” – Morgan Freeman
14) Disliking the fact that Obama is President: “They can’t stand the idea that he’s president, and a piece of it is racism. Not that somebody in one racial group doesn’t like somebody in another racial group, so what? It’s the sense that the white race must rule, that’s what racism is, and they can’t stand the idea that a man who’s not white is president. That is real, that sense of racial superiority and rule is in the hearts of some people in this country.” – Chris Matthews
15) Disliking Barack Obama: “I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he’s African-American.” – Jimmy Carter
I threw the Moronica part into the title, just so I could add this. It’s probably racist too, but what the hell, I’m beyond caring.
Imagine that you are the rotund and overwhelmingly self important leftist, like
Michael Moore Jabba the Lib. Naturally, you are going to be against the Second Amendment, because no one should be able to use guns to protect themselves against the state, or criminals, or even union goons (or do I repeat myself?). They should die for the narrative, like good little drones, and forget about all the statistics and examples of how guns reduce crime and save lives.
But, there is a separate set of rules for self important liberals. You see, those blabbering masses of flesh that would have you defenceless and perhaps dead are well protected…by the very guns that they would deny you. And, in
Michael Moore’s Jabba the Libs case, the ones that carry the guns that protect them don’t even have to follow the law! Nice Deb has more…
Oh my – the schadenfreude is just too delicious, here:
Filmmaker Michael Moore’s bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York’s JFK airport Wednesday night.
Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York.
See, Moore believes in 2nd Amendment rights for his well-heeled self, but in typical totalitarian-embracing left-wing fashion, he just doesn’t believe in 2nd Amendment rights for the less well off or less politically connected.
So, once again. Al Gore can have ginormous houses with the carbon footprint of Godzilla, but you can live in a thatch hut without electricity in order to save the world. And, Michael Moore can tell you to face the armed home invader with a sharpened stick, but his body guards are not only armed, but don’t have to listen to gun laws!
Every now and again, a great example of moonbattery is seen. Michael Moore had a reaction to the Michigan Right to Work Vote that raised the bar to “Full Metal Moonbattery.” Let’s take a look at some of his tweets, via Red Alert Politics…
Right to work laws essentially prohibit unions from forcing employees who do not want to be union members to pay union dues in order to keep their jobs. It also stops businesses from requiring employees be part of a union as part of their employment agreement.
“This is all about taking care of the hard-working workers in Michigan, being pro-worker and giving them freedom to make choices,” Michigan’s Republican Gov. Rick Snyder said. “The goal isn’t to divide Michigan, it is to bring Michigan together.”
So, in other words, Moore is going to embrace freedom by forcing people to join a union, even if the use of such force is illegal? Yes, because nothing says “freedom” or “rights” like force, right?
Wouldn’t that kinda be like Democrats saying that they didn’t like the Emancipation Proclamation, so they were just going to force blacks to stay in the plantations anyway? Come to think of it, they may have only changed the name of the plantation.
In the end, you get it. To liberals, freedom is slavery.
What happens when a hypocritical,rotund, and filthy rich socialist tries to hob-nob with the occupods? Well take a look at what happened to
Michael Moore Jabba the Lib when he visited an occupod protest…
DISTRICT OF CRIMINALS — Fresh off blowing hot air at the press about the dire need to move U.S. energy dependence from oil to algae, President Barack Downgrade Obama today took daring steps, naming Batboy as the nation’s first Algae Czar.In his first official decree, Batboy, who has lived openly in public for 27 years as Congresscriminal Henry Waxman from California, announced the president will issue an executive order later today to create the Dental Algae Reclamation Project, to be funded by confiscated tax returns of the 1%.
“Never before in our history has it been more important to explore alternative energy, what with vast deposits of natural gas that must remain in the earth in order to hasten the prophecy of Atlas Shrugged and the successful blocking of the Keystone XL pipeline to appease environmentalist voters in time for the 2012 election,” said WaxmanBatboy, who will continue to serve in Congress, since he doesn’t do anything there in the first place except try to take over the Internet so he can increase his bandwidth for viewing YouPorn videos of himself with The Wicked Witch of Congress.
The Dental Algae Reclamation Project will mandate that a lottery choose annual dental visits for all Americans, for the scraping of algae from their teeth. WaxmanBatboy said he and the 99% of Occupy Wall Street will be the first in line because they’ve “been storing enough algae in our mouths to fuel the nation for centuries.”
In other news, the Downgrade administration will also empanel a commission to study the efficacy of renewing the horse and buggy as the dominant mode of American transportation, how well fat liposuctioned from Michael Moore could provide fuel for gas lamps in 100 million American homes, and whether Obama darling and failed solar energy company Solyndra can use a new $535 million loan guarantee to convert the dead into food to offset the rising cost of grocery bills.
Solyndra Green is people!
Cross-posted at Conservative Daily News.
Original Post: Feed Your ADHD
Note: This post is stickied, as the Occupod shenanigans continues to come out.
Since the Occupods, according to Michael Moore, are so peaceful, I bet he would be surprised if he saw the movement attempting to storm the Ronald Reagan tribute dinner put on by the Americans for Prosperity Foundation. Luckily for us all, Robert Stacey McCain was on the scene, and has a report, pics, and video…
“Occupy DC” protesters just attempted to force their way into the Washington Convention Center where the Americans for Prosperity Foundation is holding its Ronald Reagan tribute dinner for the “Defending the American Dream Summit.” I was in the middle of the scrum of smelly hippies when they stormed the doors and have multiple photos and video which I’m uploading now.
He has more video, as well as pics, so get over to his place and take a look.
Note to Mr. Moore: Do “peaceful, majority” movements attempt to storm and disrupt private events, especially when they support the American Dream? Then again, the American Dream is based on individual liberty, and the Occupods want nothing to do with that. Or, was this all the Department of Homeland Security? Because, you know, any occupod activities that appear violent are due to racist cops, or DHS.
I think I might just make a meme of Moore’s DHS conspiracy theory. It’s fun!
Or, according to Michael Moore, these children are secret agents of DHS?
In essence, is this not illegal restraint? They are blocking the doors, and not allowing people to leave. And, isn’t blocking the exits to a building illegal? What if there was a fire, or other emergency? Of course, the oppupod mob could care less. They want what they want, everyone else be damned.
UPDATE IV: Sunday Update-The Other McCain has the info on the elderly woman who was injured by the Occupods. Kindly refer to the Daily Caller Video above for footage…
About the elderly woman you see on the video (3:20) who got shoved to the ground by the “Occupy” mob:
“Her name is Dolores Broderson, age 78. She rode on a bus for 11 hours from Detroit to get there. She went to the emergency room with a bloody nose and bruises on her hand and leg.”
So then, let’s add the elderly to the list of those ejected from the 99%.
We all know that Michael Moore is a maker of reality optional “documentaries.” He is still at it now, in defense of Occupy Wall Street. Kindly take a look at the following video, courtesy of OWS Exposed.
1. Everyone he has talked to is committed to non violence? Who has he talked to? There are a freakton of videos showing violence, tweets from organizers urging protesters to bring bottles to throw at the Police, and the like. Who does he think he’s kidding? Of course, he is on MSNBC, so all three viewers are probably nodding in agreement…and drooling.
2. OWS is a “majority movement?” So, the “majority” is supported by the NORKS, the Iranian Ayatollah, the American Nazi party, Communist Party USA, Venezuelan Dictator Hugo Chavez, Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, and a host of other evil people or organizations? Does the majority engage in sexual assaults, deal drugs, pimp out teens, defecate and urinate on the property of others, openly support Communism, openly call for violent revolution, and want to eliminate those pesky Jewish bankers?
3. The violence in Oakland is the fault of the police, causing the protesters to trash and vandalize stores, banks, and ATMs, when the police aren’t even around? And, look at the videos of the vandals. They appear to be mostly, if not entirely white. So then, Moore is suggesting that racist cops are to blame for a mostly white mobs attacking stores and banks when there were few to no police around?
4. He plays the blame game, saying that other groups are co-opting the movement. Let’s consider the fact that when there is a leftist protest, there are almost always rioting and property damage. Look at any G 8 protest, and there is vandalism, violence, and the like. Look at the 2004, and 2008 GOP conventions, and there was vandalism and violence. Look at the May Day violence every year. It is as reliable as the sun rising in the east. There is violence at leftist protests. It is as much as part of that scene as are the drug use. He blames Homeland Security, yet the administration is openly supporting these events. Also, when the Tea Party events were openly infiltrated, they protesters policed the crowd, threw out infiltrators, and asked the police to remove others. Why haven’t the “ultra-mega-peaceful” Occupods been able to do the same?
In the end, the occupods, and Moore, are playing an old and familiar game. They know there is going to be violence. I would guess that they plan for it, since it almost always happens. They are trying for cover, blaming outside factors (that happen to ALWAYS be there), but at the same time, maintaining the threat of the violence to intimidate others.
Why didn’t that happen at the Tea Parties? They had larger events, often with more people, and there was NEVER any rioting, and very few arrests (mostly leftists that attacked Tea Party members), no drugs, no sexual assaults, no defecating on police cars, no vandalized businesses, no bottles thrown at police, and they cleaned up after themselves. Oh, and by the way, the same Department of Homeland Security, that’s allegedly instigating violence at leftist protests all over the planet, called the Tea Party folks “potential terrorists.” Are we to believe that DHS is going after a movement that their bosses have openly embraced, but somehow neglected to undermine the one that the administration referred to racist,redneck, homophobic, terrorists?
How stupid does he think the American people are? I guess his propaganda shows that rather clearly.
It’s that time again. The nominations have been taken, and the people have spoken. Here is a list of the candidates for Useful Idiot of the Month: October 2011…
1. The Occupods: They march for socialism, they attack people, they call for revolution, and suggest that we kill all of those pesky Jews. They apparently defecate and urinate all over, and when they get bored, they attack the police as well. It’s hippies on meth, and they aren’t going away.
2. Barak Hussein Obama: The perpetual candidate, and multiple winner of Useful Idiot of the Month.
3. Geraldo Rivera: For sucking up the the Occupods, even though they abused him.
4. Michael Moore: The great mockumentary maker maintained that he was not part of the 1%, until he finally admitted it.
5. John Huntsman: Token RINO
6. Joe Biden: Be prepared to be raped if Obama’s plan doesn’t get passed.
7. Rick Perry: RINO in Conservative clothing.
9. Jean Quan: Dem mayor of Oakland, who has caved to the violent Occupods in that city.
Remember kids, we’re not ACORN, or one of it’s renamed local affiliates, so you only get to vote once!
Right after Obama took office, I noted that the anti-war protests had abruptly stopped. They had dogged the Bush administration consistently, but it was almost as if someone had pulled the plug on them after Obama’s inauguration. My theory is that those that paid for them decided to cut the funding. So, throughout the Obama administration, there have been no mass wave of antiwar protests against his continuation of the wars, his backpedaling on Guantanamo, or even his escalation in Afghanistan.
Now, after dithering for weeks, Obama has signed on to air strikes in Libya. The antiwar left, has taken notice, and voiced their displeasure.
A hard-core group of liberal House Democrats is questioning the constitutionality of U.S. missile strikes against Libya, with one lawmaker raising the prospect of impeachment during a Democratic Caucus conference call on Saturday.
Reps. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.), Donna Edwards (Md.), Mike Capuano (Mass.), Dennis Kucinich (Ohio), Maxine Waters (Calif.), Rob Andrews (N.J.), Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas), Barbara Lee (Calif.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.) “all strongly raised objections to the constitutionality of the president’s actions” during that call, said two Democratic lawmakers who took part.
Moore, a frequent critic of President Bush for launching the Iraq War, unleashed a string on tweets comparing the U.S. military’s mission in Libya to Iraq and Afghanistan, using a mantra coined by Charlie Sheen:
It’s only cause we’re defending the Libyan people from a tyrant! That’s why we bombed the Saudis last wk! Hahaha. Pentagon=comedy
And we always follow the French’s lead! Next thing you know, we’ll have free health care & free college! Yay war!
We’ve had a “no-fly zone” over Afghanistan for over 9 yrs. How’s that going? #WINNING !
Khadaffy must’ve planned 9/11! #excuses
Khadaffy must’ve had WMD! #excusesthatwork
Khadaffy must’ve threatened to kill somebody’s daddy! #daddywantedjeb
Moore also suggested that Obama should return the Nobel Peace Prize he won in 2009:
May I suggest a 50-mile evacuation zone around Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize? #returnspolicy
So, are we going to see mass protests from the left? It might happen. And, if it does happen, how will the MSM cover it? Time will tell, but I do see that as being a means to separate Obama from the hard left, at least in the eyes of independents, who he will need in 2012.
I’ve been steering clear of the Wikileaks story. In part, because everyone else is discussing it, but also because I think it’s either a distraction, or will eventually be used as a justification to limit free speech. Hopefully, a future post will address that, but for the time being, some recent stories put a rather humorous spin on the whole fiasco.
First off, there’s Michael Moore, that pudgy useful idiot. Proclaiming his admiration for wikileaker, Julian Assange, he offered $20,000 for the effort to bail him out of a British prison.
And then, the fun began.
It seems that not long after Assange’s release, Wikileaks leaked a cable stating that Cuba banned Moore’s film, “Sicko.” Doing what any good liberal would do, Moore wrote a whiny post for the Huffpo.
Former health insurance executive Wendell Potter recently revealed that the insurance industry — which had decided to spend millions to go after me and, if necessary, “push Michael Moore off a cliff” — had begun working with anti-Castro Cubans in Miami in order to have them speak out and smear my film.
Well, then clearly, Mr. Moore would oppose the smearing of Glenn Beck by folks bought and paid for by George Soros?
I know. Never mind.
But yesterday WikiLeaks gave the ‘Sicko’ Cuba cable to the media — and what did they do with it? They ran it as if it were true! Here’s the headline in the Guardian:
WikiLeaks: Cuba banned Sicko for depicting ‘mythical’ healthcare system
Authorities feared footage of gleaming hospital in Michael Moore’s Oscar-nominated film would provoke a popular backlash
And not one scintilla of digging to see if Cuba had actually banned the movie! In fact, just the opposite. The right wing press started to have a field day reporting a lie (Andy Levy of Fox — twice— Reason Magazine, Spectator and Hot Air, plus a slew of blogs). Sadly, even BoingBoing and my friends at the Nation wrote about it without skepticism. So here you have WikiLeaks, who have put themselves on the line to find and release these cables to the press — and traditional journalists are once again just too lazy to lift a finger, point and click their mouse to log into Nexis or search via Google, and look to see if Cuba really did “ban the film.” Had just ONE reporter done that, here’s they would have found:
June 16, 2007 Saturday 1:41 AM GMT [that’s 7 months before the false cable]
HEADLINE: Cuban health minister says Moore’s ‘Sicko’ shows ‘human values’ of communist system
BYLINE: By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ, Associated Press Writer
Cuba’s health minister Jose Ramon Balaguer said Friday that American filmmaker Michael Moore’s documentary ‘Sicko’ highlights the human values of the island’s communist-run government… “There can be no doubt this documentary by a personality like Mr. Michael Moore helps promote the profoundly human principles of Cuban society.”
Alrighty then. In his own defense , Moore cites the glowing support he received from a communist dictatorship. Yeah, I know that matters little to him, but the rest of the free world is having some laughs at his expense.
Lets summarize what we have so far.
Moore offers cash to bail Assange out of jail, where he sat accused of rape. In the meantime, Larry Flynt, the infamous purveyor of porn, offers cash for a legal defense fund. (Where are the feminazis when you actually need them?)
Then, Asssange leaks a diplomatic cable, a false one mind you, which said that Moore’s film was banned in Cuba.
Moore then becomes extremely indignant, and writes his post for the HuffPo, citing the Cuban dictatorship’s favorable treatment of the film as a defense. Just so this sinks in, he’s citing a government that has killed or jailed dissenters, and that people craft makeshift rafts and brave shark infested waters in order to escape.
That’s a vote of confidence if there ever was one, right?
But, the “leaker” himself, Julian Assange, has not escaped a heaping dose of irony. It seems that the leaker of other people’s secrets has had some of his leaked as well.
LAWYERS for Julian Assange have expressed anger about an alleged smear campaign against the Australian WikiLeaks founder.
Incriminating police files were published in the British newspaper that has used him as its source for hundreds of leaked US embassy cables.
In a move that surprised many of Mr Assange’s closest supporters on Saturday, The Guardian newspaper published previously unseen police documents that accused Mr Assange in graphic detail of sexually assaulting two Swedish women. One witness is said to have stated: “Not only had it been the world’s worst screw, it had also been violent.”
Bjorn Hurtig, Mr Assange’s Swedish lawyer, said he would lodge a formal complaint to the authorities and ask them to investigate how such sensitive police material leaked into the public domain. “It is with great concern that I hear about this because it puts Julian and his defence in a bad position,” he told a colleague.
Again, let’s let this sink in for a moment…
Assange, who has leaked the national secrets of the United States, has people whining that HIS secrets have been released?
I know that Assange is an Australian, so perhaps this bit of wisdom will be educational for him…
“What comes around, goes around.”