After all the conflict and spin between Israel and Hamas, the following cartoon sums up the palestinian situation perfectly
if this doesn’t tie it all together nicely, I couldn’t tell you what will.
OK, we’re facing the infamous “fiscal cliff.” What doe that mean? It means that a crisis has been manufactured in order for Obama to triumph, and the Republicans to be scapegoated. Here’s how it will happen.
1. If both Houses and the POTUS fail to reach an agreement (read, if he Republicans fail to capitulate) there will be a rather unpleasant set of tax increases and budget cuts.
2.It doesn’t matter how many proposals the Republicans make. It won’t matter how many times the Democrats change the rules or break their word-it will ALWAYS be the Republican’s fault.
3. Reality doesn’t matter, and the MSM will spin all developments in favor of the POTUS.
4. Tax increases will be demanded in exchange for future spending decreases.
5. The tax increases will be immediate, if not retroactive.
6. The spending cuts will never happen.
7. Did I mention that it’s all the Republican’s fault?
Oh, and by the way, when the revenues fail to come in, or they even lose money on it, don’t expect to hear it from the MSM. Unless, that is, the MSM spins it to be someone else’s fault.
And there you have it.
Elections have consequences, my friends.
I picked up on this in the CNN debate, and the saw a story from Catholibertarian that shows a possible campaign strategy for 2012. In both examples, it seemed as if an inordinate amount of time was spent on the social issues; abortion and gay marriage, when compared with the most pressing issue of the day-the economy. It would be my estimation that more people are concerned with the following:
1. They don’t have a job.
2. They fear losing the job they have.
4. They can’t afford gas for their cars.
5. Inflation is causing prices to rise across the board.
Again, it’s my guess, but I would think that more people are concerned with what happens at the gas pump or the checkout line than they do about gay marriage. For the most part, their own lives are being impacted by Obama’s policies, not gay rights.
And there in lies the rub. It’s increasingly impossible to defend or cover up Obama’s failures (or are they successes?), so the MSM will simply change the subject and discuss something else. That, of course, will fail. They can say whatever they want, ignore anything they don’t want released, or try to spin it, but no matter what-people know what’s wrong then they open their wallets to pay for something. No amount of lying or obfuscation will change that.
But that won’t keep them from trying. And, it gives us yet another opportunity to watch them fall on their swords for Obama-and let the entire world know about it.
It ought to be fun.